You have decided to divorce, or maybe even ready for a divorce - What about access to the child? Did you plan this part of your separation? How are you going to see your children? Or, how do you think children leaving home to live in one of their parents?
That both can be children of promise, but now it's time the rubber met the road. You must plan to visit your child. Where are you active with your children before the divorce? What do they expect from you? Trips to the park every weekend? Or is time watching boring television?
To be honest, it does not really matter as long as you spend quality time talking with them and share how you feel about them. Children want everything to go out to the right, but it is not always the case. What you can do more than anything is to let them know that regardless of the situation between you and your former spouse that they were not responsible for the two of you break and you love them unconditionally. Access to children should be a happy time for you and your children.
If you choose to neglect your children visit and not the honor that you schedule the times and places you promised, you will regret it long term. Remember what you tell your child the truth of the Gospel to them. If you fail to keep a promised visit time or a scheduled event, such as school, play the belief system can be crushed. If they can not believe their parents think they can?
Develop your schedule to visit the childhood. Describe the time you plan to spend with the children. Includes pickup and fall times and places. This way, you set the expectations of both parents and children have given something to plan their lives around. Remember, what affects them more than you or your former spouse, and communication is the key.
I am a product of divorce and dealing with the number of visits growing child. At 10 my parents divorced and I lived with my mother. My father had a visit this weekend. When my father did not want to commit to property and, accordingly, we, my sister and I did not see much. It would be a lot of promises that he rarely met. When I had my child I made a promise to my "yes" was yes, and my "no" was not, so I made a promise I would keep it. If I was not sure of a situation, my answer would be: "We will see in due course."
As for my father, he is constantly in and out of hospital with a number of ailments. I will visit and care for him during his time of need. The love and admiration for what should not be there, because I still remember waiting for leads and does not appear for their scheduled visit children. Was 30 years ago. If you are separated or divorced and have children, do not miss this time. They need more than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment